List of Green Materials
UNITED TILE is committed to assisting architects, designers and homeowners with products and information that helps them earn LEED recognition for the projects they are developing. We actively seek to align ourself with manufacturers that demonstrate a sensitivity to the environment in the products they make. Recycled content falls into one of the following categories:
- Pre-consumer: Materials are generated during the manufacturing process
and may consist of scrap and trimmings never used in the consumer market.
- Post-industrial: Material from the manufacturing processes where virgin
resources would otherwise go to waste. This material is collected and used in
a product other than that for which it was originally intended.
- Post-consumer: Material is an end product that has completed its life cycle
as a consumer item and would otherwise be disposed of as solid waste.
The following products from United Tile can be used to obtain LEED credits:
Casa Dolce Casa:
- Their new plant in Lebanon, Oregon qualifies Laticrete as a source within a 500 mile radius of the project site for Northwest projects.
- Many of their products are GREENGUARD certified low VOC products (visit Laticrete.com for complete list)
Quarry Tile Company:
- All Wall Tiles - 10% preconsumer recycled content
- All Floor Tiles - 17.75% preconsumer recycled content
- Global Grip - 45% preconsumer recycled content
- Mosa and Cradle to Cradle - Now, 99% of all Mosa tiles are certified Cradle to Cradle Silver. The certification procedure addresses five main criteria: raw materials, recycling potential, energy consumption, water management and working conditions.
Stone & Pewter Accents: